I’m sharing my go-to sugar craving quencher that is holiday-ish, healthy & tasty. It is a nutritious alternative recipe, known as the increasingly popular Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Energy Bites. And, it’s no bake! I’ve looked at over a dozen recipes and wanted to post the one I liked the best, with my own recipe adjustments.
My husband came home from his CrossFit workout one evening with a couple “pumpkin protein balls” from his class. I loved how the pumpkin bites satisfied my sweet tooth without the sugar crash feeling. In fact, I truly felt a bit nourished.
I set out to find recipes online. We now make this treat and keep it in the freezer. It thaws out nicely and quickly. Here are the specific ingredients I opted for when working with a paleo-friendly recipe from the Clean Food Crush blog:
- Steel cut oats (I think I’m going to change to oatmeal, though)
- Coconut flakes
- Almond butter
- Raw honey
- I added just a TINY dash of Stevia
To see the recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Energy Bites on Clean Food Crush, click here.
Here’s what I used while working with the above recipe as my starting point (It’s delicious as is, but I wanted to adjust it with my favorite ingredients):
- 3 cups dry, uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cup organic, unsalted almond butter
- 2/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 7 tbsp. tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- A tiny sprinkle of Stevia
- Combine all ingredients together in a medium bowl into a well-blended dough
- Roll into balls of about 1.5″ in diameter (See Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Energy Balls Prep https://cleanfoodcrush.com/pumpkin-energy-balls/)
- Place on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper & freeze one hour
- Store in an airtight glass container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
I hope you have a fantastically healthy & energetic holiday season!