What’s so great about Christmas in July? Well, for me, checking off holiday shopping during the relaxed summer month equates to more time for enjoying the actual holiday season when it arrives! Plus, I like bargains. I have a goal for Christmas 2018: Shop Christmas in July for great holiday gifts and décor that are Made in America.
I’ve put together a retailer LIST (below) for Christmas in July + Made in the USA that I plan to either shop or add to my wish list.
1. Support businesses and workers right here in the U.S. where products tend to have excellent craftmanship, adhere to environmental standards, and regulate fairer wages and safer working conditions.
2. Contribute to a healthy economy
3. Made in the USA product labels can be tricky, so we need to do our research!
Almost 8 in 10 American consumers say they would rather buy an American-made product than an imported one, according to a recent Consumer Reports survey. And more than 60 percent say they’re even willing to pay 10 percent more for it. For some, the decision might stem from a belief in American quality and safety. Others might think it’s the best way to support the American economy and workers. But in our increasingly complex global economy, how much meaning does a label stating “Made in America” still hold? – Consumer Reports Special Report, 2015
1. Retailers that sell truly American Made products
2. Businesses participating in Christmas in July or at least having some sort of sale this July 2018
1. Watch the Hallmark Channel’s “Christmas Keepsake Week” July 13th – 28th while I shop! It wouldn’t be as fun to buy gifts without first setting the holiday mood.
2. 100% Made in the USA for my online shopping
Here are the retailers on my list:
GoRuck (Gear and apparel)
Fleabags (Women’s bags)
Polar Max (Winter gear)
TheRusticCountryHome (Custom painted signs and Christmas home décor on Etsy)
Fox River (Support our military: great socks and original sock monkey)
J.W. Hulme Co. (Clothing, accessories, gifts)
Maptote (Accessories, totes, travel)
Ebbets Field Flannels (For the retro sports fan)
Yankee Candles (The big candle company!)
A couple more companies that might not be having a July sale, but I just think they’re so cool.
Liberty Bottles (Beautiful, quality water bottles made with recycled materials)
The Vermont Teddy Bear Co. (Adorably creative Teddy Bears)
Between these stores, I should be able to meet my goal. Of course, there will be times when an overseas manufacturer may better suit my needs. Yet my hope for this Christmas in July is to expand my favorite brands to include Made in the USA!